What data do we collect?
The New Forest Collective collects the following data:
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile. Payment details (including credit card information), are not stored on our servers. This information is held with our merchant bank, Stripe.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The New Forest Collective with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
How will we use your data?
The New Forest Collective collects your data so that we can:
- To provide and operate the Services;
- To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
- To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalised service-related notices and promotional messages;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How do we store your data?
The New Forest Collective is a secure and encrypted website using SSL. We only have access to the products you purchase and registration details provided by you. All our data is stored on our secure servers. We take protecting your information very seriously and because of this we have chosen the most secure hosting services in the UK, Krystal.co.uk.
All direct payment gateways offered by Stripe and used by The New Forest Collective adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. All your payment information is stored by Stripe.
The New Forest Collective would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
You have the right at any time to stop The New Forest Collective from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of The New Forest Collective.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us.
What are your data protection rights?
The New Forest Collective would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request The New Forest Collective for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that The New Forest Collective correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The New Forest Collective to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that The New Forest Collective erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that The New Forest Collective restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to The New Forest Collective’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that The New Forest Collective transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – The New Forest Collective uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – The New Forest Collective uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. The New Forest Collective sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties, such as Google, for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that The New Forest Collective has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Telephone Helpline: 0303 123 1113
Updated: 22 March 2021